Monday, April 21, 2014

Scenes from the weekend.

How great is a long weekend? Especially one that lasts four whole days. Although ours was relatively quiet, it was wonderful just the same. A dinner out with friends, two family dinners and a leftovers meant that we didn't even have to do any cooking. However, that, combined with lots of chocolate treats, means that I need to get back in to a healthy routine this week. So. much. food.

While we really relaxed, we did manage to get some things done around the house. Sunday was sunny and warm so I spent a couple of hours cleaning out the gardens and raking leaves. It certainly looks a million times better but doesn't quite feel like spring around here just yet. I'll be happy to see things green up a little more.

Steph tackled the removal of the wallpaper in the bedroom. What a job. Glad it was him and not me. Soon he'll be able to start on the built-ins but the walls are not in great shape under that paper so that may throw a wrench into the timeline. Old houses are always full of surprises!



I've been slowly repainting all the trim in the house. I started in the kitchen and moved into the hallways. It had been six years and was starting to look a little banged up. I also decided to go with a brighter white. Previously, I had ICI Natural White and now I'm transitioning over the BM Chantilly Lace. It's not the most rewarding of jobs considering no one has noticed but to me, it feels so fresh and clean. Worth it to me!
 
 
I used the leftover paint to cover up the large canvas painting that hung in the living room. Some will be surprised because I got lots compliments on the print. I really just didn't like it that much anymore and really, it was not a real painting but a copy and had no real texture in person. In other words.. it looked cheap:) I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it but I have a few ideas that may or may or may not include some gold paint.
 
 

 
Beaufort slept the weekend away, save for a couple of runs and walks and a day at Grammy and Grampy's.
 

He also got lots of treats and kisses.  Of course.
 

It wasn't all messy projects! What's Easter without a pretty bouquet of tulips? They bloomed beautifully all weekend, reminding us that spring is near!


I hope you all had a great Easter weekend with your loved ones and that it's feeling spring-like where you are.

4 comments:

  1. We are doing the same with our trim for moving! I really dont think theres anything more tedious and boring. I've been avoiding some trim we have to get done with NINE doors front and back that I painted. But with fresh white paint and caulk, it looks so much better so I'm sure itll all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's feeling almost spring-like - but I'll take it! You and my husband might be trim painting twins. He is constantly walking around the house with a can of paint doing touch ups. It's a small thing but I must admit it does much to keep the house feeling fresh and new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love long weekends like that! Just the right mix of relaxing & productivity. And the trim painting is one of those lurkers on my long list!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)