Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hello Love ~ Featured on Wedding Chicks.


I mentioned it on the blog before, but I feel very lucky to belong to a group of women who work in the wedding industry. They are passionate about what they do and are constantly striving to challenge their skill and creativity. Together, they combine their talents to create styled wedding shoots that showcase this beautiful island that we are lucky to call our home.

While I'm not a wedding decorator, they've invited me to join them as the event designer. Some people ask me why I choose to participate if I'm not in the wedding industry. My answer is always this: because it's fun! Once the mood board is created for the shoot, I get the freedom to do what I like. Choosing table linens, dinnerware, glassware, designing tablescapes and styling cake tables. What is not to love? It's all right up my alley.

We created our latest shoot, at picturesque Clinton Hills, a restored barn surrounded by rolling hills and romantic woods. The leaves had turned their showy colors and the light was absolutely perfect for Rachel Peters Photography to capture all the magic.



The shoot was published on New Year's Eve on Wedding Chicks. It's lots of work to put these shoots together so it's a bit of a thrill to see the finished product showcased for all to see. It really never gets old!





I get to work closely with Kim of Kim Roach Design, who creates all the paper products, including invitations, place cards and menus. Her designs are beautiful and her work for this shoot was no exception. 








How gorgeous is the cake by City View Bakehouse?



Michael at Prestige Floral is a bouquet genius!




So many PEI vendors have been supportive of this shoot and our past shoots. It really wouldn't be the same without all their contributions and we are incredibly thankful.


Clinton Hills - Location
The Perfect Pear Bridal - Bride's Dress
Nortons Jewellers Ltd - Couple's Rings
Prestige Floral Studio Weddings - Flowers/Headpiece
Caseley's Bridal Boutique - Glassware/Cutlery
Moore's - Groom's attire


Models - Tyler and Allyson McDonell

These girls that I collaborate with have become my friends. I am in awe of their talents and they keep me inspired. So why do I do this? That just might be the best reason of all.


Kim Roach Design - Stationary & Paper Products
Kiss The Bride - Event Coordination
City View Bakehouse - Cake/Caramel Corn



5 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous, Jane! And congrats on the feature. Some days I wish I could get married again...I'd totally have the reception in a barn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! LLLLLLove the cake, especially! So glamorous!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)