Monday, July 15, 2013

New Seat for the $16 Bench.



Remember when Stephane built me my $16 bench for the back porch to store extra shoes? He whipped it up one day out of some leftover wood and we made a seat cushion to go on top. Strangely enough it is one of the biggest sources of traffic to my blog from Pinterest!



This morning I gave it a bit of a makeover. The fabric on the cushion was looking a little dirty so I tore it off and went looking through my fabric stash for something to replace it. This black and white terrace stripe fabric fit the bill. I had just enough leftover from another project.


Why are my photos are glowy and pink? Too much sun? It's a hard room to photograph.

I realize it could get dirty quickly with the wide white stripes but I'm not too concerned. Tearing off the old fabric and stapling on a new piece took me all of 15 minutes and cost me nothing. Aren't those the best kind of projects?




Poor Beaufort seems to like laying in the sun but is pretty lethargic in this heat. It's too warm to do much of anything so I'm off to my sister's pool for the afternoon! Tonight, Steph is taking me windsurfing for my first time. Eek! I'm scared!

15 comments:

  1. I love that fabric! And ours do the same as Beaufort; they are so so lazy and sprawl out all over the couch and their dog bed in this heat. We're in Las Vegas, so it's been a pretty miserable summer. Your cute & easy project has me hunting around to see what we can spruce up around here for free, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bold stripes look awesome, Jane! Would you mind sharing where you found the pillow? Love the prints together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the fabric from fabric.com a few years ago!:)

      Delete
  3. ooh yes! i love those stripes- they look so perfect! and i second pam's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric Jane! Looks great!! :) V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes and the whole vignette - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! Amazing what a little black and white stripe can do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So perfect! Yeah, I think that lattice fabric doesn't wear all that well (I have it on a chair)! The new stripes are very handsome, definitely a fabulous update (c:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stripes! Such a great corner you have there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great makeover. I actually love that black and white fabric, I've been wanting to recover our outdoor cushions in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the black and white stripe. i bought some b&w fabric to cover a bench in my room 6 months ago and still havent gotten around to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! As a fellow Canadian (I'm from Toronto!) it was lovely to stumble upon your blog. And isn't that always the case? My biggest post BY FAR is nightstands I whipped up in like an hour made out of $3 lcbo boxes.

    I will be back :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)