Let's do a little lookback to nearly 5 years ago when I purchased my home. They say some people have vision and can see past the ugliness. I like to think I did ;)
- dated brown cupboards
- stove but no fridge
- mint Formica countertop (as much as love mint now.. it had to go!)
- high gloss ceiling, seriously blinding. Due to paint sheen or grease, I'm not sure I want to know..
- layer upon layer of dated flooring and tile.
Things started looking up..
Can you believe that under all that was this:
After lots of elbow grease, new cupboards, lots of paint and new appliances, this is were I ended up. And on a very slim budget, I might add. You can read about the rest of the transformation here.
Problem is, I'm unsure what direction to go.
Should I go all white, walls and all?
What about white cupboards and a very light shade of grey on the walls? (I've narrowed it down to Benjamin Moore Intense White)
Then there is two tone. I had nixed the idea and now I keep coming back to it. I quite like it.
So here is the plan:
- Repaint the cabinets (white or with darker lower cabinets)
- Paint the walls. (White or BM Intense White)
- Share our new piece in the kitchen that has given us much more storage and dramatically changed the way we use the kitchen. (Soon I swear.. we ran into a couple of delays)
- Replace the chandeliers? I'm over them but they may have to stay for a while longer and I can live with that.
Hope you enjoyed the look back. I really shouldn't complain at all. It is so different from where it started. I would love your opinion about what direction I should take with paint!