Monday, August 13, 2012

The Famous Fiddle Leaf Fig.

That's a lot of Fs! I few months ago, I went out to a local flower shop in search of a fiddle leaf fig tree. I was spotting them in some gorgeous spaces in some of my favorite magazines. If plants can be hot, no plant can be hotter than this one right now!

Unfortunately, they didn't have any but he offered to check with his supplier for me. This week, he let me know that he got some of the fiddle leaf fig plants in but was not yet able to get the trees. While cute, I decided to hold out for the tree.

This weekend, I had the chance to read a few of my favorite online magazines (Lonny, Matchbook and Rue) and saw a couple of them in the latest Lonny issue. Have you spotted them everywhere too? 

Here are some great rooms that feature the house plant.


Source: lonnymag.com via Jane on Pinterest

I am actually drawn to the ones that have the wilted looking leaves (like the first and 3rd one). Maybe because I know mine will likely look like that since I never have much luck with house plants.

I try. I really do. Well.. maybe I do forget to water them for weeks, maybe months, as a time. But still.

I'd like to get one before the cool kids say they are out:) Actually, I shouldn't say that. I am trying to practice what I preach... the words of decorator Billy Baldwin:



That being said, if anyone on PEI sees them around, let me know! :)

6 comments:

  1. Do you have a Home Depot near by? I'm in the states, but I was able to find mine there. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could live in ANYONE of these beautiful rooms...just lovely Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to have one of these fiddle leaf figs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! I LOVE these and want one so bad!! I can't find one anywhere either. I'm not giving up though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your inspiration shots! Good luck with your search :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane,

    I like you have been searching for one...IKEA just got some in. Not sure if you can get out to an IKEA but I'm heading there this weekend. I'm in Vancouver but it looks like they will be available across Canada. Good luck!

    PS: Love your blog! I'm a teacher too!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)