Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's Like Finally Up!



After arriving home from our weekend in the big city (Halifax:), we decided to tackle framing this print for the bedroom makeover. I wanted it a while ago (You can read all about that here). At the time it was sold out but one of my sweet readers emailed me and offered to sell me hers. It had come out in different colorways and she had chosen to go that route. The price was right and I saw it as a sign.

Sadly, the print sat in its tube for over a year. You see, it's rather large at 24 x 36 inches and framing it was p.r.i.c.e.y. I did some searching online and saw that some people mounted it into the largest Ikea Ribba frame, on top of the mat. While not ideal, easiest bet for me! Since we don't have an Ikea around here, I waited patiently until I could somehow get my hands on one. My parents just returned from a trip to Ontario and brought one back.


Please ignore the dresser, it's getting ready for a paint makeover. I love the punch of color again the freshly painted neutral grey walls. One piece of advice. Do not attempt to frame something with your dog around! I think we had to take it apart three times to get the Beaufie hair out from between the glass and the print. Frustrating!

Here is another view from the doorway. Some say this print is "overdone" but I still love it! Like, really love it.


And a couple of shots up close. Yes, I really do love it!



Have you figured out the accent color for the room yet? Time to paint the dresser, hang the curtains and some more art. Now to find the perfect pillow to tie the grey, navy and pink together! Later kids, I'm off to do some etsy shopping:)

18 comments:

  1. Looks great!! And the room is coming along; I am excited to see it when it's finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour! And I can totally relate to getting animal hair in every project I attempt!! Can't wait to see what colour you go with for the dresser and drapes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I love what a pop of color it provides. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have ALWAYS love that print! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty right, it adds so much happiness to any room.
    Love it! xxx Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The colors are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't care what anyone else says, that print will never get old for me! I just love everything about it: the lettering, the colors, the boldness...it's fantastic! And the color scheme is one of my favorites...you *know* I can't wait for this to be done!! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Aubrey- just can't help but love this print! It looks fabulous in your room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this print Jane! It looks so great with your wall colour. Totally worth the wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that one too! LOVE IT. I used a 50% off coupon to find a frame large enough from Michaels.

    Looks fantastic hung all on its own in your room.... I'm debating adding some stuff around mine and starting a gallery wall in my office or leaving it be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great....love what you're doing here at your blog. Your room looks better than mine, I've got to paint next and can't decide on a color..
    new follower =)


    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks awesome. I can't wait to see the reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll never get tired of that print! I need one. Such a great color... it looks fabulous against your new paint!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a great spot! such a happy print!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's perfect there -- and looks wonderful with the new paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that poster and I think it looks fabulous! Too bad you don't have Ikea, that would make me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Jane, I like absolutely like you know like looove that poster, it like rocks !
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)