Thursday, November 10, 2011

DIY Jewelry Rack + Some Thanks.

Last week, I shared a little DIY project over at Living Savvy. In case you missed it, I'm sharing it here today.

My collection of jewelry is growing and I struggle with how to keep it all organized. I keep my rings, bracelets and earrings in crystal coasters and my more delicate pieces in a jewelry box. I found my long necklaces were always hanging off doorknobs or tangled in my drawer.

Tiffany from Living Savvy challenged me to participate in her spray paint series, which gave me an idea. I found a metal wall hanging that had been in the basement for a few years and gave it a couple of coats of Krylon's Watermelon spray paint.




Now, it hangs inside my closet door and is a home for my necklaces. It's great because it allows me to see what I have when putting together an outfit in the morning!



I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank a few bloggers today for honoring me with the Versatile Blogger award. I'm happy that you ladies read my blog but getting an award is pretty awesome too! Click on the banner to head over and check out their blogs! If I missed someone please let me know.




And last but not least, I won a giveaway! I get so excited when I win anything and this was no certainly exception. I will be the lucky recipient of a custom pet portrait. I had to send her some shots of my subject (can you guess who?) and she is hoping to finish it up soon! I can't wait to receive it! Check out her blog to see her whimsical paintings and her beautiful home!

I'm off to a Professional Development day. Have a great day!
I'm linking up my jewelry rack to Serenity Now Weekend Bloggy Reading.

7 comments:

  1. Yay for a professional development day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! I'm always a sucker for pink... and pretty organization solutions too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new jewelry rack, it turned out so pretty!!! Plus, I pretty much adore anything that has to do with organization (c: congrats on your win, I can't wait to see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I said it last week and I'll say it again...brilliant. I am going to be on the lookout for a piece just like this to transform.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! Gives me incentive to organize my own jewelry...necklaces keep getting tangled up with earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! I saw it on the guest post and it looked awesome. So smart! Now i'm wondering how many of those things I have sitting in my basement at the moment....Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. after seeing this inspo, I was inspired to organized my jewelry by separating necklaces, bracelets earrings etc.

    Would luv for my readers to see this awesome idea, will you please join our weekly party at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
    have a great crafting weekend!
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)