Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dream a Little Dream Home ~ Take One.

I've been mentally compiling a list, for fun, of all the things I would include in my dream home. Some are things that I may someday have and others are things that I can only dream about and that's okay. It's was makes it fun!
Today, I thought I'd share with you, one feature I dream about. Can you guess what it is?

Source: cococozy.com via Jane on Pinterest

Did you guess? Is it obvious that I'm infatuated with herringbone and chevron patterned wood floors?

I especially love the wide planked slightly battered ones found in Paris apartments. They are quintessentially French, are they not? I love anything Parisian. In my home, they would be slightly worn and scuffed from years of history. That way when you came to visit, I would never ask you to take your shoes off, not even your heels! *gasp!*

So it's decided! All I want for Christmas this year is a Paris apartment with herringbone floors. Simple enough:)

14 comments:

  1. Can I come visit you in your Paris apartment with heringbone floors? That would be an excellent Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I want your floors too! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't hurt to ask!! Lovely examples...Janell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, they are beautiful. I love the rustic feel of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that I'll ever have herringbone floors, but those are so gorgeous! What eye candy for a Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I'm so glad these are here to stay. Talk about eye candy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect Christmas present to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those floors are beautiful. We had similar floors in the house, where I was growing up, but my parents sold the house. :( Now, I have regular hardwood floors. Dreaming is allowed and the pictures you selected are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes! i totally agree. chevron wood floors might be #1 on my dream home list. sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a serious obsession for herringbone wood floor! I pretty sure I will never have them... but one girl can drool!!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you believe we were lucky enough to have floors like that in our Paris apartment where we lived for two years?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice bedroom designs.It look really extra ordinary.Bedroom designs and furniture are really wonderful.It look simple but stylist.White colors always increase beauty in the rooms.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)